Our mission statement is to reach our community for Jesus!
To honor Christ as the Head of the Church by encouraging each other in Christian love and unity and by faithfully sharing the gospel.
1. Our Church is a WORSHIPPING Church.
- where Christ’s name is uplifted
- where people expect to encounter God
- where Sunday is a day set apart for fellowship
- where reverence and humility are evident
- where there can be response to the challenge of the Holy Spirit
- where the Lord’s Supper is a central aspect
- where families can worship together
2. Our Church is a BIBLICAL Church.
- where the Word of God is at the centre
- where the exposition of God’s Word holds the place of honour
- where the whole council of God is preached
- where people expect to hear God speaking to them
- where study is combined with devotion
- where the preaching from the Bible would include teaching on repentance and baptism, commitment and godly living
- where all are encouraged to keep on learning
3. Our Church is a PRAYING Church.
- where prayer is seen as a privilege rather than a duty
- where people expect God to hear their prayers
- where husbands, wives and families pray together
- where church members pray with and for one another
- where the leaders pray regularly together
- where the services are prayed for, but also where the needs of the world are not forgotten
4. Our Church is a FAMILY Church.
- where all feel they belong through support and encouragement
- where all rejoice together and give support when necessary
- here family life is promoted
- where the casualties of family life are made welcome
- where no one gift is undervalued or overvalued
- where every member has a part to play, for every member has a gift
5. Our Church is a EVANGELISING Church.
- where people are encouraged to reach others with the gospel
- where people are free to invite others
- where we can reach out to the casualties of family life
6. Our Church is a SERVING Church.
- where the members serve one another
- where our friendliness is obvious
- where caring and sharing is emphasised
- where members are involved in the community
- where God’s love is seen in deed as well as in word
Source: Adapted from Paul Beasley-Murray “I Had A Dream…” in The Australian Baptist.